Wednesday, May 21, 2008

back

Don't worry everyone, I'm fine. It was a pretty stressful and emotional twelve days of company, but I got through it. Maybe not as gracefully as I had hoped, but I think all the visitors had a decent time, and I think I learned a few important lessons.

The recent goings on around here were stressful and emotional for many reasons that I can't go into here on the ol' blog. Until now, I hadn't had to attend too many of Nick's family functions, so I learned a little something about compromise. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was a good time. And that's really all I can say about that. Elusive, I know.

And now I'm trying to get my life back in order. I can hardly believe that 2008 is practically half over. It's kind of scary, really. On one hand, I'm very happy with everything I've accomplished so far this year, but on the other hand, I feel like I have so much to do now. I worked very hard this year to make my living singing and teaching, and now most of the gigs are finished, and it's time to get back out on the audition circuit and try to get new gigs. Many things will start up again in the fall, like teaching and Music of the Baroque and church gigs, but I need to make a step forward in my career, I need to one-up myself if I want to get ahead. And that means I have to spend the summer working very hard to prepare for audition season. Summer is not typically a time when I've done my best work. The past two summers were pretty dreadful as far as getting ready for the audition season -- two summers ago I was suffering major panic and anxiety attacks, and last summer I was involved with a terrible production that ate up all of my time. I'm not sure what I need to do to make it better this year, but I'm going to figure it out.

And now I must get to the task of putting my life back in order--literally. There is a mountain of laundry that needs tackling, and an apartment that needs a good cleaning, and I told Nick I would cook dinner tonight since I'm not working today. And I should try to go the the gym at some point. I've got a bridesmaids dress to fit into in just over a month, and I'm having flashbacks of how tight the last 'maids dress was, plus I've eaten like a pig since the company was here. Eegads.

Here's a few pics:




I'll post more later, the pic uploader stopped working, per usual.

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

ahhh...back to real life...dishes, laundry, etc. Ain't real life grand???!!!!