Thursday, March 27, 2008

bo-ring post

Sorry no Easter pics to post yet...I'm waiting on my Mom to send them to me, but since she's helping my Grandma with her chemo this week and her uncle died, I think we'll have to forgive her. Yes, my grandma has cancer (again), for those that did not know. I don't usually talk about stuff like that on here, mostly because I don't like to see in writing that it's actually happening, but she is going to be just fine. She beat it once before and she'll beat it again. The End.

My week has been pretty busy, what with the St. Matthew Passion (SMP) rehearsals, teaching, and chaperoning a field trip to the opera. If I didn't feel old enough already, being a "chaperone" really drove it home. Today, however, was pleasantly unbusy, and I actually had time to go to the gym, bake some brownies for a choir party tonight (our choir is always having parties, it's awesome), and meet Nick for lunch downtown. Since he's been back from Greece, we have spent very little time together besides sleeping, so it was nice to sit down for a meal and talk, even if only for an hour.

Our rehearsals for the SMP with the conductor this week have been fantastic. This woman is just the most amazing conductor. It is so inspiring to sing with her, and I've found myself getting very choked up in rehearsals. I'm going to have to reign it in for the concerts though, because I can't be blubbering up there while trying to sing a pianissimo chorale. But I tell you what, if you want to hear the most incredible setting of the passion story and some of the most beautiful music on earth, get yourself to a performance of Bach's SMP. If you're in Chicago, come on down to the Harris theater in Millenium Park on Monday night at 7:30. You won't be sorry (unless you're like my friend Amanda's mom and just can't handle multiple da capo arias).

That's about it from my not-so-exciting life. I will be leaving for three weeks of tour on April 7th, which I'm pretty excited about. It's going to be like a three week vacation away from all my students, which I could really use right about now. Plus performing a role I love and hanging with all my fabulous colleagues in random tiny Wisconsin towns. I'm trying to persuade Robert to audition for OFY for next year. The only thing that could possibly make OFY a better gig were if Robert and I were touring Wisconsin together. That would be nuts.

Happy almost Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Robert said...

nuts doesn't even BEGIN to describe it. (i'm in a panic room.)

Sensitiva McFeelingsly said...

I'm sorry about your Gram. But, you're right, she's going to be just fine. All good things. :)

I love ya!