Thursday, April 03, 2008

tour blog update

The shows today went well, despite feeling as though my head was in a thick fog. Unexpectedly, our artistic director and development director attended the first show this morning -- my first show in two months-- so the pressure was on. But she seemed really happy about the performance and only had a couple of notes for me. I only forgot a couple of things, and everybody thought I sounded great even though it sounded weird in my head. I seem to have lots of sinus pressure in my head right now which is making my voice not sound or feel right to me. I've literally been taking Tylonel or Nyquil every 4 to 6 hours so I have no idea if my fever is gone yet, but I'm guessing it is. It's nice to be in an actual real city and not a weird mountain town like my last tour week. We've had lots of delightful meals in local cafes and restaurants, and this Super 8 has got to be one of the nicest I've seen. It has a whirpool, so after our shows today we hit the jacuzzi for an hour, then napped in our rooms til dinner. Tour can be lots of fun when you have the right people, no snow storms, and no major illness involved. :) I'm looking forward to the next three weeks. However, the costumes smell like poo by now and the van has seen better days. It is basically a filthy mess. I think I'm going to take a few of the shared costume pieces home and wash them this weekend since I have to wear them for the next three weeks. Gross.

Tomorrow we have to get up ungodly early to drive an hour north to Algoma for a 9:30 am show, then I have to drive like a bat out of hell back to Chicago and pray that I get there on time to teach. It's going to be an exhausting day, but at the end of it will be my Nick and hopefully a couple of drinks. We start tour in Chicago next week, so I don't have to go anywhere over the weekend! Sweet deal! More later from tour central...

1 comment:

Sensitiva McFeelingsly said...

I'm glad the shows went well even though you weren't feeling your best... performing while ill is definitely not easy.

One time, in college, I was performing with my group and had taken a decongestant before the show.... I had medicine head so bad that I was in the middle of a solo and thought to myself "am I even singing the right words!?" because I was so far removed from everything - it was awful.

I hope you feel tons better very soon. I miss you!!!