Wednesday, November 28, 2007

holidayz

Well readers, I've finally escaped from my turkey and cranberry sauce induced haze and am getting around to blogging. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, my parents' house filled to the brim with family members, eating and drinking too much, watching football, playing cards, cooing over the baby (my cousin's four month old, the newest addition to the clan), and generally having a relaxing time. A few of us did venture out to the shops on Friday to score some good deals and to hit up Sonic. A little backstory -- Nick has been dying to go to Sonic for months now. We see constant commercials on television advertising Sonic, yet there is not a Sonic within a hundred miles of where we live. Nick's one chance to have it was to go when we were visiting Fort Wayne. During my sister's wedding, there wasn't time, and during our brief trip for Allison's wedding, there still wasn't time. This trip, Nick refused to leave Fort Wayne without having some Sonic. So Friday we made the twenty minute trek from my parents' house so that Nick could finally experience Sonic. I don't think he was disappointed...the Mac 'n Cheese bites were pretty delicious, as was the cranapple fizzy drink thingie. And now he has finally stopped whining about it every time a Sonic commercial comes on the television! Win-win situation for both of us.

And now I am back in Chi, thrown back into the crazy world of audition season and holiday gigs and teaching and holiday parties. I had an audition on Monday, and I'm flying to New York on Thursday for two more auditions over the weekend. And last night began rehearsals for the Christmas concert with Music of the Baroque. I'm always astounded by the musicianship of these people, and most of them have done this same concert many, many times, so I've got a little bit of catch-up to do. But I held my own with sight-reading, only making a few mistakes here and there. This month is sure to be nuts, but it won't kill me. And there will be plenty of fun holiday outings mixed in -- trips to the German Christmas market downtown, last minute shopping on a beautifully lit Michigan Avenue, and one fabulous Christmas party thrown by yours truly should make the season bright.

Speaking of the season, Nick and I decorated the apartment on Sunday night. We bought an inexpensive fake tree from Walmart, and I went a little crazy in Michael's buying craft supplies for my table scape and wreath. I'm still working on the wreath, but the tablescape looks divine. Check it out!







Happy Holiday season everyone!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

um, please don't say "table scape"