Monday, November 19, 2007

news

I started writing a post last Thursday but never finished it, so I'm just going to start over today. My head has felt rather jumbled lately, so I'm not surprised that I completely forgot to finish and publish it. Ah, well. Here's what's going on: Saturday was mine and Nick's two year anniversary, which we celebrated with dinner at North Pond restaurant. We've been wanting to try this place for quite awhile, and we were not disappointed. We had the seasonal tasting menu, which was five courses of absolute bliss. Despite the fois gras ban in Chicago, they somehow managed to sneak it onto one of the plates, which pleased me to no end. The whole evening was wonderful, and North Pond really made us feel special by printing a special souvenir menu with "Happy Anniversary Emily and Nick" at the top, as well as writing it in chocolate on our dessert plate. I would definitely return, especially since the menu is constantly changing with the seasons.

In singing/career news, I've booked a second flight to NYC for the first weekend in December for my Seattle Opera and Chautauqua Opera auditions. My NYC friends are going to love me by the end of audition season, whatwith my constant crashing on their couches! I'm about to head out to a coaching with my favorite Scot, Alan D., whom I'm hoping will whip my ass into shape. I haven't been doing a very good job of pushing myself lately, and I need to work on that.

Tomorrow I am doing something I've wanted to do since I moved to Chicago...I'm going to see a taping of the Oprah show!!!! My friend Ashleigh got tickets for a few of us girls, so tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn, I will be heading over to Harpo studios in the West Loop. I'm not sure what the show is about yet, but I'll post a full review of the experience tomorrow. It's sure to be interesting!

Wednesday we head to Indiana for a much anticipated four and a half day weekend. Wednesday evening we will be hitting the "Fort Wayne bar scene" (I write that in parentheses because I'm not sure that's what it should even be called) with my sister, her husband, my cousin, and her boyfriend. We're sure to run into some people we went to high school with, so I'd better be looking my best. I need to exude the "I live in Chicago and have a glamorous career and a much more exciting life than you!" confidence. If only to convince myself. Thursday will mean 20 people crammed into my parents' house, eating and watching football. Most of my family cares a great deal about football. I thank my lucky stars that Nick is not into sports, thereby exempting me from having to pretend to care. There will be much eating, drinking, sleeping, and rubbing of bellies. We're both looking forward to the break from work and have some real R&R. With 20 people in the house, we'll see how much R&R actually takes place.

I may post again before the holiday, but if not -- Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Jerod and I don't give a crap about football either.

Quit knocking our bars! :)

Robert said...

you could LIVE here and i still wouldn't be able to get enough of you.

Robert said...

omg bff!

Sensitiva McFeelingsly said...

Shoot. I wish we were coming to the Fort too to enjoy the happenin bar scene. :) Maybe you could get to Pierre's and get hit on by 18 year olds. Holler!

Have a great holiday... I'm thinking of arranging a dinner party at some point soon... maybe not til the new year though. Are you still having the Christmas party!?!? Inquiring minds want to know...

Elaine said...

Hey, post a pic of your new stuff in your apartment! And I want to see your new holiday decor!

I miss you already!