Thursday, February 15, 2007

addendum

The City of Oak Park may actually surpass The City of Evanston in ridiculous parking officials/situations. Nick and I were reminded of this when he drove there in my car last week and was given a ticket for not having a front license plate. Now, I know that in the State of Illinois I am required to have a front license plate, but the dumb shits that sold me my car never gave me one, and being the dumb shit I am, I never bugged them about it...and now they're out of business. Hmph. Figures. However, I have been driving my car around since January 2005 sans front license plate without any altercations until now. The Cities of Evanston, Chicago, Wilmette, Vernon Hills, Glen Ellyn and the other myriad Illinois cities I've frequented in the past year have never so much as warned me about this lack of front license plate. But drive into Oak Park for less than an hour, and you will be quickly swooped upon by their parking hawks. When Nick and I were first dating, he lived in Oak Park, and everytime I stayed the night we had to call this special parking hotline, no matter where I was parked, and give them my license plate number so they wouldn't tow my car. What's worse, they have a rule that a license plate number only gets five overnight parks a year, so after my five were up, we had to put Nick's car on the street and my car in his spot. Like it's a special priveledge to get to stay in Oak Park for a night? No loitering cars allowed in our fair city! Luckily he moved out of there four months after we started dating--and we stayed at my house an awful lot during those four months.
So yeah, it was tough, but Oak Park beat out Evanston for most annoying parking. I guess I can count myself lucky I don't live there--but if I did, I'd prolly be rich enough to buy a parking spot.

No comments: