Tuesday, August 28, 2007

brilliance

Ok, I'm starting to get a little nervous--things are going a little TOO well here, kids. I've got another interview tomorrow at a performing arts school in Plainfield. I found the job posting from Career Services at Northwestern, applied last week, and the woman emailed me today to come in for an interview! It's a bit of a haul, forty miles outside Chicago, but if there's not much traffic I should be able to get there in an hour, which is about what it takes to get downtown. I'll just have to get some books on tape. And I'll always know exactly what's going on in the world, what with my radio constantly tuned to NPR. She wants me to sing for her, so tonight I've been trying to decide what to take. And getting my resumes in order, now that we have...drum roll, please...a printer/copier/fax! I haven't had a working printer in about 2.5 years, so this is an amazing addition to the home office. I printed resumes and directions tonight, and it felt so good not to be at Fed Ex/Kinkos!

I just re-read that first line and laughed at myself. It's just like me to belittle my success and think something awful is going to happen at any moment. Ah, the wonders of psychotherapy. I can now recognize these flaws in a heartbeat. And then they become less like flaws and more like...an old version of me creeping out. Well, that old version is history because the successful me is here to stay! So I'm going to go do a bang-up job tomorrow, and then Nick and I are going to celebrate by going to the Cubs vs. Brewers game tomorrow night. We decided this evening to scalp some tickets for tomorrow's game, so I've been doing some craigslist bidding. Nick keeps telling me to wait until tomorrow and people will drop their prices. Good thing there's one patient person in this relationship. And one neat person, else our apartment would be a pigsty. I'll let you figure out which is which.

No comments: