Friday, September 08, 2006

Three Cheers for Friday!

1. Three cheers for Northwestern insurance! who miraculously got their shit together overnight and got me my medicine this morning. I'd like to say it's because they function so well, but I suspect it's really because of the hint of insanity in my voice that the woman detected over the phone.

2. Three cheers for Dunkin Donuts! Much as i hate the fast food industry, I love me some Dunkin Donuts. Call me a hypocrite, go ahead. But for a mere $2.39 today, I got myself a honey bran muffin and a medium cup of delicious flavored coffee. The immigrant workers in the DD in my train station are cheery, and we always exchange pleasantries. The other day one of them complimented my dress. And it sure as hell beats Starbucks...their drip coffee tastes like filtered dog shit, and a tall latte alone costs me more than my entire breakfast at DD today.

3. Three cheers for the choir at Trinity UMC (the church from the Home alone movie)! I returned to my church job last night and felt all warm and gooey inside by the end of rehearsal. The people are just so darn nice, and now that I've been there almost a year, it feels like a little family. The rehearsal consisted of about 25 minutes of singing and an hour of chatting and eating cake and coffee. Gotta love getting paid to chat and eat cake.

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! At the pre-school, I get paid to eat at delicious pitch-in lunches and chat with co-workers.