Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The week is flying by - now that I'm (somewhat) back in the swing of things at school, the days pass much more quickly than when I was working. Suddenly, it's 5:00 and I have no idea where the day went! The wonderful part about being in school is that I never feel rushed; there is always plenty of time for errands and laundry and naps and practicing when I don't spend 8+ hours at an office each day. And my apartment is looking fantastic these days, especially since I got rid of my old gigantic Dell computer and.....drum roll please....got new bedding! It's true, I finally went out and got a down comforter/duvet cover. Those of you who have made my acquaintance at one point or another during the past ten years have probably been privy to the brightly-colored reversible flowered/plaid comforter that covered my full size bed since I was thirteen. It held up quite well all those years, but it was time to upgrade. Here are some pics of the new digs:




It is SO luxurious, and it makes me want to stay in bed forever and take lots of naps. Nick likes it too, and the great thing is that it's big enough for a queen as well, so when we are able to upgrade to a bigger bed (hopefully in the near future - over twelve feet of person between the two of us does not fit AT ALL well into a full size bed) we can still have the comforter.

In other news, I was not cast in the fall or winter operas this year. In some ways, it makes me feel like a gigantic loser, but in other ways, it's just another bump in the road. The road to where, you ask? Well, I'm not quite sure yet. But this bump is teeny weeny compared to some other things I've been through in the past couple of years, so the disappointment should wear off quickly. I'm going to work really hard to prepare my audition for the spring opera, which is the opera I was most interested in this year anyway. I feel like I'm making tremendous progress with my new teacher, so I'm going to focus my energy on that. And not beating up on myself, which is a daily struggle.

Atleast I've got good bedding. And a sweet computer.

*If you look very closely at my desk, you can see my Richard Wagner action figure next to my computer. Nick got him for me at a comic book store. I like to keep him in a nice 'Heil Hitler' arm position.

No comments: