Sunday, September 24, 2006

wedding woes

As I think I've mentioned before, there is going to be a big wedding in my family next June. My little sister by twenty-two months is getting married! It's very exciting - not only are family weddings pretty much the most fun event EVER, I'm gaining an awesome brother-in-law who is quite handy around the house (he just painted the entirety of the exterior of my parents' house BY HIMSELF) and an excellent cook. Many points in my book. I'll have to be on much better behavior at this wedding than I was at my cousin's wedding last June (I'm not sure I'm ever going to live that one down) since I'm the maid of honor.

Suffice it to say, the wedding is a big topic of conversation in our family these days. On the phone with my mother the other day, she told me she'd had her first nightmare about the wedding; it had something to do with my sister putting on a sweater vest over her dress and refusing to take it off for pictures. Last night, I had my first nightmare about the wedding. For some reason, I was riding in a boat to the wedding, and my mother was driving. Suddenly, I was thrown from the boat and completely drenched. That's really all I remember, that and frantically trying to get dry. I'm really not sure what all this means...any dream analysis experts out there?

Some people have asked me if I feel strange that my little sister is getting married before I do. Truthfully, it doesn't bother me in the slightest - in fact, I think I'm getting the better deal. Being the oldest child, I've always been the guinea pig. Everything always happened to me first, so naturally what I did or what rules my parents made for me set the precedent (to an extent - all y'all oldest children know how the youngest sibling always gets away with shit you never would have gotten away with). For the first time in my life, I'M NOT THE GUINEA PIG! When it comes time for me to get married, my mom will be an expert; she'll whip out her big "wedding binder" (yes, she has a wedding binder), and planning that puppy will be cake.

Lastly, I've heard through the grapevine (and that lovely thing they call a sitemeter) that I have international readership! Soooo, here's a bit SHOUT OUT to all my readers in Athens, Greece! Tomorrow prepare for my take on tonight's Desperate Houswives Season Three premiere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry, i had a dream that Vince Lopolito down the street did my makeup for the wedding and jerod dreamt he forgot his tux.

it happens! i'm stress-free as of now...

Anonymous said...

When Tracy and Carrie were planning their weddings, I had a dream that they walked in on me destroying their cakes... I think I was pretty much just sure that I was going to ruin something on their big days. However, everything went off without a hitch. :) I miss you!