Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wicked, car troubles, Door County, sadness that the weekend is over.

The weekend flew by, as usual, and now I'm having a bit of a letdown from the last five wonderful days. Isn't coming home from vacation the worst? Luckily I have TONS of pictures to remember it by (see the next two posts as well):




Thursday: Mom and Elaine came to town for an afternoon/evening of shopping, dining, and Wicked. We had cocktail hour at Rosebud downtown, we dined at Trattoria 10, which was FANtastic, and then saw the much-anticipated Wicked. I was pretty impressed and only flinched once at the vocal-cord-hemhorrage-inducing belting of the lead. I was however, perturbed by the popcorn and candy vendors peddling their wares up and down the aisles. It's a PERFORMANCE people, not a baseball game!

Friday was a bit of a harrowing day due to being rear-ended on my way into the office (on the one day I was actually driving my car, of course). Luckily, there was no damage to my car (GO CHEVY!), but unluckily, in my panic after being hit, I locked the keys in the car while it was still running. Dad is getting his money's worth from AAA this year, since this was the second time I've had to call them in a month. Exhausted and frazzled, I went to work for a few hours, and then Nick picked me up and we attempted to leave town in a hurry. The City of Chicago was not having it. Eight hours later, we finally made it to Door County. But boy, was it worth it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that something MUST be said about the two friends we made in the parking garage elevator!

midwest princess said...

You are so right, but I just didn't know how to properly convey the story. Could you, recent graduate of journalism school, submit something for me to post that accurately tells this story? Pretty please?

Anonymous said...

i tried and it sounds awkward. the story's humor revolves around the women talking "like black people" which is both hard to convey, and easily mistaken as racism. i guess we'll just share a private joke on this one!