Monday, April 09, 2007

Check, Check, and CHECK.

One (1) crazy experimental opera. CHECK.

One (1) "let's make Emily sing high notes until her head pops off" Easter Sunday church service. CHECK

One (1) recital permission passed. CHECK.

Phew, that was tiring. During Saturday night's performance of Ursularia (the experimental opera), I pretty much put on a clinic in "relative pitch" and somehow pulled a G natural out of my ass at a very crucial point in the opera. It was either luck or God...probably luck. Sorry, God. Easter Sunday was...Easter Sunday, complete with Hallelujah chorus and ridiculously exalted hymns with random high C sharps thrown in at the end. But Holy Week is over, and we can all breathe a sigh of relief for another year.

The recital permission could not have gone any better today. I was really happy. I stayed up pretty late last night doing some last minute memorizing, and then they only heard one piece because there were seven permissions today. That really took the pressure off! And now I have a lovely four weeks to leisurely put the final touches on my recital, plus create a great reception complete with margaritas and guacamole, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. So don't forget, my masters recital, Cinco de Mayo at 6:15 pm! It's official! (Don't worry, I'll remind you atleast four times before then).

Now comes the time where I retreat to my futon, watch some tube, and eat chocolate. I love it when I've just finished lots of big things. It justifies some serious laziness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me know if you need an AWESOME guac recipe

Robert said...

emily! emily! she's our girl! if she can't do it...shit i can't think of a rhyme.