Monday, April 23, 2007

Many exciting things happened this weekend:

a. I purchased my recital gown!!! It does NOT look like this:

But just about every dress in the store did. Rather, it's yellow and gorgeous, and I look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Now all I have to do is finish memorizing the music...

2. It was actually nice enough to frolic around the city. And frolic we did. A tapas date on Friday, hanging out downtown on Saturday, mini-golf in the 'burbs on Sunday, and a lovely Sunday dinner at Hop Leaf with our friends Julia and Ryan. (Makes me feel old to have double dates with the marrieds, but the amount of beer consumed was enough to make me feel young again). Here's a photo from mini-golf (at which Nick beat me mercilessly...now we're even, I rock at bowling, he's good at mini-golf):

(I spent a very long time trying to figure out how to rotate this picture, and I just can't do it. Just turn your head, please).

d. And the most exciting (for me anyway)...WE BOUGHT A NEW BED. For the entirety of our relationship, save for the time spent in Greece, we have crammed over twelve feet of person into a full size bed, night after night. In case you were wondering how that was going....NOT WELL. It was a fight to the death every night, legs and arms thrashing about, trying to find a comfortable position. But starting tomorrow, we will have an extra half foot of bed to ease us through the night, plenty of room for all our limbs. A glorious queen sized bed will be delivered to my apartment at some point tomorrow. Here is the one we chose: at Bedding Experts. I have a strong feeling that this bed is going to change our lives. I'll give a full review on Friday.

Every time I tell someone that Nick is moving in to my studio apartment for two months, they say "Oh, you're going to end up like Carrie and Aidan (on Sex and the City), screaming at each other and living amongst boxes piled to the celing." Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind, but I think we have everything figured out. Nick rented a storage unit for his larger items to live until we move to a bigger place in July, and I'm doing my best to clear out some clothes and make closet space for his stuff. It's going to be close quarters, of that I'm certain, but we will manage. OH the other piece of big news is that Nick got two jobs already!! One working for a dentist on the west side and one at Brite Smile in Schamburg one day a week. YAY my teeth are going to be so white!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa that blue dress = trashy hein

Robert said...

oh my god, i saw that blue dress before i read the post and was like, "PLEASE don't be emily's recital dress."