Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I can't think of a weekend in recent history where I've been more productive. Hermit-ing really paid off: the stress has been diminishing significantly this week. The recital music is coming along splendidly; yesterday I had the first rehearsal with my violist for the Bolcom chamber piece I'm doing, and it went really well. I'm feeling better about the "experimental" opera that's going up this weekend. I have found that if I just trust myself to pull pitches out of my ass, I usually do relatively well. I'm always wondering why composers who write this crazy music don't just insist on hiring a singer with perfect pitch. I guess maybe they don't really care if you sing a B or a B flat?

In other news, last night was my debut party as an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay! The turnout was a little less than I'd hoped for, but I felt that the party was a great success and a great learning experience for my first time out--not to mention tons of fun! I held the party at Ethel's Chocolate Lounge and had two giant pots of fondue for my guests. Chocolate and beauty products--pretty much every girl's dream evening! Check out my website at www.marykay.com/emilylyday. The products are truly fabulous (the microderm abrasion kit rocks my world on a bi-weekly basis), and I am especially fond of what the business stands for: empowering women. And not in a
crazyin yourfacebraburning sort of way, but more of a Icanbebeautifulandmakealotofmoney sort of way. Let me know if you have any questions about anything on the site. And for the month of April, for my blogger readers only, $10 off your purchase of $50 or more!

In closing, I thought I would post a few more pics from my recent trip to Greece.

Day trip to Porto Rafti:




Road trip to Delphi and Arahova (the Greek Aspen!)


Exploring the ruins at Delphi:


Japanese tourists (complete with Louis Vuitton umbrellas and white gloves):


Ancient stadium at Delphi:


Ancient theater at Delphi:


More ruins:


The oracle at Delphi:


Arahova by night (where we stayed):


Arahova by day:


Angelo playing with his new pet, the hamster Squeaky:


Angelo loves his Uncle Nicaaaaa (he can say Nick's name now and yells it constantly!--it's so cute!)


Enjoy the photos!

No comments: