Tuesday, June 26, 2007

100 Things (part 1)

I stole this idea from several different bloggers (it seems to be a blogger trend), and so to take up the remainder of my afternoon here at work, I bring to you one hundred things about me:

100. I am an oldest child, hence smartest child according to this study.
99. I am the only one of my siblings to seek long-term psychiatric care (in the form of a therapist). Oldest child=smartest child=craziest child?
98. I was born at the IU Medical Center in Indianapolis. It is a teaching hospital, and my mother said she felt like a science experiment.
97. My mother is a teacher and my father is a salesman (some sort of business-y salesman, not like a used-car salesman.)
96. When I was three, we moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, where I spent the next fifteen years of my life and several summers during my adulthood.
95. I have a boyfriend named Nick.
94. We have been together for one year and seven months. It is my longest relationship ever.
93. Nick is a dentist. He is also my dentist, because I don't have dental insurance.
92. Nick and I had our first date at a restaurant called X/O in the boystown neighborhood of Chicago, which is sadly no longer in existence (the restaurant, not the neighborhood-last I checked, boystown was still going strong).
91. The dinner lasted five hours.
90. The rest is history.
89. In college I was, and I shudder to say it, in a sorority.
88. In the sorority's defense however, I met my best friend Andrea there, and we lived together in Chicago during my first year out of school.
87. We had the most adorable apartment at Southport and Belmont. We loved it so.
86. Once upon a time, Andrea and I lived abroad in Vienna, Austria, and took a ten day backpacking trip throughout Italy, France, and Spain.
85. We stayed in some disgusting hostels, the worst of which was in Paris. It was called the Auberge de jeunesse, but we called it The Cave.
84. During my time abroad, I also traveled to Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Switzerland, and The Netherlands.
83. I love to travel, and so does Nick. He's Greek, so I've also been to Greece (twice).
82. Maybe I'll live there one day?
81. The next place I want to go is South America (Buenos Aires or Rio), or maybe Dubai.
80. Realistically, the next trip we take will probably be to Traverse City, MI for Labor Day. We've been wanting to take a long weekend there.
79. I have Bachelors and Masters degrees in Voice Performance.
78. I haven't decided if I like singing opera or not. So bombastic. I prefer oratorio and contemporary chamber music, and I'm considering shoving my career in that direction.
77. That being said, I love going to the opera. And I have a subscription for next season. Hurrah!
76. I'm a recovering latte-aholic. I recently purchased a coffee pot and am attempting to save my three dollars a day.
75. My favorite food is Pad Thai with tofu and a side of crab rangoons, please.
74. I love pretty much all foods. I'll try anything once, as long as it's dead and lifeless.
73. My signature drink is a dirty Beefeater martini, straight up, with blue cheese olives. But then again, I'm not picky about my booze either.
72. I like art, and I like going to art museums. My favorite is the Jugenstil movement (Klimt and his colleagues).
71. I would like to go to more galleries and openings in Chicago.
70. I try not to be boring, and get out and explore the city, but sometimes I love to just curl up on the couch and do nothing.
69. I've been exploring (re: living in) this city for three years now, and I haven't gotten bored with it yet!
68. Some of my favorite Chicago things: Oktoberfest in Lincoln Square, free evenings at the Art Institute, Ravinia, walking along the lakefront, endless new restaurants and bars.
67. My favorite non-classical singer OF ALL TIME is Ani DiFranco.
66. I've only seen her once, but I have all her albums, and I think she's pretty much the greatest lyricist who ever lived.
65. I have an iPod nano, but I pretty much only use it for music-learning purposes. I don't see a need to listen to it during my commute. That's just me.
64. I love books. I eat books for dinner. My mother *claims* I started reading at age 2.
63. I read everything: classics, trashy beach novels, contemporary Pulitzer Prize winning novels, biogrpahies (mostly of singers), some non-fiction that interests me.
62. My favorite Chicago radio station is WXRT. In my opinion, it is FAR superior to every other station.
61. I'm a Cancer.
60. I don't like driving. And I don't understand why people as rich as Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie don't hire a driver. When I'm rich, that's the first thing I'm doing.
59. I'm allergic to LOTS of things that occur in nature.
58. For that reason, I don't like sleeping with the windows open. Ever.
57. I'm highly allergic to cats. Unfortunately, Nick loves cats.
56. I have a Macbook. I am highly devoted to Mac forevermore.
55. I'm a decent cook, but I'd like to be better. I make a mean lasagna from sractch.
54. I've been a Cubs fan since the day I was born.
53. Recently I gained a brother-in-law named Jerod. He's a very good cook and very handy about the house.
52. Now I would like to gain some neices and nephews?!?!
51. I want kids someday, but I'd much prefer to play with my sister's babies for awhile until I'm ready.
50. I think it will be loads of fun being preggers.

Phew! That's all I can manage today. I give you the other fifty tomorrow.
Have a good Tuesdee!

No comments: