Monday, June 11, 2007

weddingmania part I

Well kids, the wedding was a hit, and now my sister and my new brother-in-law are on their way to Rome for their honeymoon. Elaine was a beautiful bride, and not bridezilla-ish at all. She was the picture of calm and collected the entire weekend long. Miraculously, I held it together and sang well and gave a good toast. I was feeling very emotional (and slightly hung over from the rehearsal dinner the night before), so I wasn't sure what would come out when I got up there, but I think God must have crept into my vocal cords and made it happen. (In reality, I think that I could sing that Malotte Lord's Prayer from my deathbed if necessary--maybe I should start taking it to auditions-HA!). Anyways, enough of my babble, here are some pics from the rehearsal dinner and wedding:

the 'maids at the rehearsal:


Elaine and Dad rehearse walking down the aisle:


Mom telling people what to do (Grandma takes a nap):


time for drinkies!


so glucklich!


my mom made me sit at the old people table for the rehearsal dinner:


my honey (and the rehearsal/dinner photographer):


Grandma stocks up before the open bar closes:


our fam gains a member!


Mr. and Mrs. leave the church!


the reception hall:


ice sculpture:


the dazzling 'maids:


my toast:


father daughter dance:


dancin!


Hopefully I'll have some more good ones soon. (I don't understand why some of these are so small...they were sent to me by a cousin.) Enjoy! I'm going to go do some serious napping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love from Roma!!!!

can't wait to get cds of pics from Nick!!!!

Lata!! Off to explore!

Anonymous said...

p.s. when you bring up midwestprincess.blogspot.com here, the entire thing is in italian except what you wrote. weird!