Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm on hold with Orbitz right now -- I came home from my interview this morning (stupid temp job interviews are such a waste of my time -- why can't they just trust the temp agency to send them someone decent?) to find that Orbitz had changed our itinerary for our flight to Syracuse on Saturday. The good people over at United Airways and Orbitz decided that instead of leaving Chicago at 6:00 am as originally planned, putting us into Syracuse at 11:30 am; we should leave at 8:20 am, getting us there at 1:50 pm. Problem with that is that the wedding is at 1:00 pm, forty-five minutes outside Syracuse. Yes, we were pushing it, but it was the only way I could attend graduation on Friday evening and get to Angela's wedding on Saturday. So I just called them up to bitch and they are putting us on a different airline that leaves at 5:30 am. Eegads. But it will be worth it to see my dear Angela walk down the aisle, plus listen to Julia Louis-Dreyfuss give the graduation address tomorrow evening and wear my well-deserved pink cape-thingie.
The 'rents get in this afternoon, which will be followed by a lovely dinner at Davis Street Fishmarket. Tomorrow is the graduation ceremony and then off to Syracuse for a three-day weekend. When I get back, I am thrust back into the land of meaningless temp job, plus teaching voice and piano privately and at The Music Room in Palatine. I just started there yesterday, subbing for a friend, and it was quite an exhausting day. Teaching takes a hell of alot more energy than temping, that's for sure -- but it also pays MUCH better, and actually uses that degree I worked so hard to get. Can't complain!

No comments: