Thursday, June 28, 2007

pink-and-green?

Question: Why do rich people like the pink-and-green color combination so much? I am a regular reader of this blog, which chronicles the life of a woman who married a very wealthy, notorious New York man thirty years her senior, thus becoming a Manhattan socialite. I guess I'm fascinated by how the other half lives. In perusing her blog, notably the comments section, I've noticed that there is a bevy of "rich housewife" blogs to be found on the 'net. And most of them have the pink-and-green as a template, title, or atleast have some mention of it in their blog. What gives? Personally, I think it's a little tacky. But hey, I'm just a struggling classical singer who comes from a middle class family in Indiana, what do I know?

T-2 days until the big move. The current apartment is in shambles, whatwith half-packed boxes piled to the ceiling and barely any room to walk around. Tonight I have to go straight from work to the new place in order to meet the cable guy. God forbid we go one day without cable or internet. I remember when Andrea and I first moved to our apartment on Southport, we didn't get cable for FIVE MONTHS. We went out A LOT, even on weeknights, and when the weather turned cold and Andrea was away on a tour and I finally caved, I remember thinking, "oh...so this is what people do -- they come home from work and watch television and make their dinner." At the time, it seemed like such a novel idea. But alas, I'm no longer a young woman of twenty-two, and nowadays I barely have the energy to push the buttons on the remote control let alone make dinner. I fear this has something to do with not eating enough vegetables or exercising, two things which I did a lot of back in the day. Goals for next week: eat more veggies, run, and get more sleep.

In about an hour I'm going to mosey over to the DMV...shudder. Hopefully it won't be too terrible. After today I will no longer have evidence that I was a resident of Indiana (except my birth certificate, I suppose). Today, I get an Illinois driver's license. Too bad I didn't wake up early enough to blow dry my hair. Ah, well.

No comments: