Monday, June 25, 2007

berfday

An utterly insane but wonderful weekend, and now I am part of the elite club of quarter-lifers. I rang in the ol' twenty-fifth with tequila shots at midnight with some of my nearest and dearest at a house party in boystown (a combination going-away party/pre-Pride parade party at my friend Lisa's), then had a rather stumbly-home type of evening which included at stop at Taco and Burrito Palace. As Lisa says, you know you're in trouble when you eat at a place that is named after a food and a somewhere you can live. As I say, however, late-night eating after drinking always makes for an easier time the next moring. Saturday morning I was struggling a bit, but I managed to paint two rooms of our new apartment, so it couldn't have been so terrible.

The apartment is looking fabulous, now all we have to do is move all our shit into it.

Saturday night Nick took me to Marche, a fun French-American place in the West Loop, and then we went for drinks with fifteen of my best buds. I finally had occasion to wear the bubble dress I bought in Greece in March! Loves it. Here I am with an amazingly decadent chocolate dessert that the waiter so kindly put a candle in at Nick's request.


and with my friend Julia:


Sunday we spent recovering at home (waaaaay too much liquor consumed this weekend), but managed to go out for a couple of hours to buy our new couch! It is really beautiful, kind of a milky-chocolate brown, big and fluffy! I feel like such an adult now...painting and buying furniture. Sheesh, I guess this is what twenty-five year old life is like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all you need is a dog