Monday, October 02, 2006

no time! there's never any time!

NO time to post today until now! Gah! The weekend was fun - a little too fun, perhaps - and today I was completely crazed with school. But I sang a bang-up Marzelline's aria from Fidelio in solo class, and had a terrific first coaching with the one and only Maestro Milnes, so it was a pretty darn good day. I'm feeling on top of my game again in the singing department, and I'm feeling more and more ready to go out and kick some ass at auditions this fall. Woo hoo!
Now, back to the weekend. Friday night's events went a little something like this:

6:30 pm - Arrive at Tango Sur, a fantastic BYOB Argentinian steak restaurant in my old 'hood where Nick's brother is celebrating his birthday. Really great food and a fabulous environment, I highly recommend. Many, many bottles of wine are consumed.

9:00 pm - Head to Schoolyard Tavern, the bar directly across the street from my old apartment on Southport (Ah, memories). Pretty drunk by this point, but still manage to throw back some gin and tonics and become BFF with Nick's brother's fianccee (who I LOVE and who reads this blog hiiiiieeeeee!).

10:45 pm - Depart bar and hail cab to go to party hosted by some of my classmates for the new masters students. Pretty much hammered by this point, and Nick tells the cabbie to stop way too early, like a mile shy of where we wanted to go. Hail cab #2 and go to Dominicks and (drunkenly) purchase beer for party.

11:00 pm - Arrive at party. Create somewhat of a scene with our extreme drunkenness, though the other party guests are fairly drunk themselves. Become BFF with all the new masters students. (Nothing like alcohol to help you gain 12 new BFFs!) Find Rice Krispie bars at party and consume many of them.

1:30 am - Depart for home. Nick has left quite awhile before me due to his extreme drunkenness. Manage to get to Nick's in one piece, but have to call him repeatedly (4x) to get him to wake up from his drunken stupor to let me in.

2:00 am - Pass out.

Saturday went pretty much like this:

11:00 am - Lift head from pillow. Put head back on pillow immediately.

12:00 pm - Transfer gingerly from bed to couch. Take Tylonel and eat some cookies that Nick so lovingly bought at the store for hangover food.

3:00 pm - Try to watch Batman Begins, but end up napping through the whole thing.

6:00 pm - Go to Evanston. Feel barfy in the car. Feel like death. Nick brings me chicken soup and 7up.

9:00 pm - Realize that I left entire bag of makeup at Nick's. Must choose to a) drive all the way back to Nick's to retrieve it, or b) go to Walgreens and get the bare necessities so that I don't look like a troll at church. Choose option b).

10:00 pm - Sleep.

Though Friday's events were extremely fun, Saturday's events were not so enjoyable, which tells me three things:
1. I can't drink like I used to.
2. I'm getting old.
3. Friday's was a drunkenness usually reserved for weddings and open bar events.

All in all, good weekend. Fall is a great time in Chicago (except tonight because it's hailing) and I'm looking forward to what the rest of this season has to offer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there BFF, Friday was really fun. Thanks a million for the tix offer, I can't wait! I have been meaning to contact you earlier but work work work blah blah blah. Hope to see you again soon. -K