Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Busy day in the office doing the stuff nobody else wants to do. I just finished writing out some forms that had to be done by hand, and now I think I have carpal tunnel. Lawsuit! Just kidding. It's going to be a busy night at home tonight as well. My mother and sister are coming into town tomorrow to see Wicked, and they are staying at my apartment, in which I have spent approximately 24 hours tops since the beginning of June. Which means there is atleast an inch of dust on every surface of the apartment and the floors really need a scrubbin'. But those who know me know I love a good floor mopping. When I worked at Dairy Queen in high school, nobody ever wanted to mop the floor, but for some reason, I loved it. It's good exercise, and at the end you have tangible evidence of your hard work: a sparkly clean floor. And what's better than a sparkly clean floor? Nothing, I tell you.

I am REALLY looking forward to the long weekend. Nick and I are taking an impromptu getaway to Door County, Wisconsin, which promises to be relaxing, revitalizing, and superfun. We are planning to tour some wineries and a brewery, possibly do some biking and hiking, and whatever else our little hearts desire. I haven't gotten out of the city much at all this summer, so I'm ready to take in some nature and fresh air. Nick is also very excited to sample Door County's signature delicacy, fried cheese curds. Mmmmm.

The next two days are going to be pretty busy, so it may be Monday before I get around to posting again. But rest assured there will be photo documentation of the beauty of Wisconsin, and a (hopefully) well-rested, bright-eyed gal.

No comments: