Saturday, November 25, 2006

giving thanks

First, a Thanksgiving photo montage....

Channeling a 1950's housewife in velcro rollers and my Gram's apron, mashing the sweet potatoes:


notice my Grams in the background talking on the phone...the woman never stops talking, God love her:


My beautiful sister and I -- getting started on the wine:


The "kids' table" -- (clockwise starting with me: myself, the boyfriend, cousin Nick, sister Elaine, her fiancee Jerod, brother Tommy) my brother and sister, as usual, are acting completely immature for the picture:


The traditional Thanksgiving nap, with aunt's rambunctious dog Bailey looking on (thanks for taking this one Mom):


aaaaand finally, my gorgeous pumpkin cake with whipped cream and pecan praline topping:


It was a good Thanksgiving, albeit a bit shorter than we'd expected. Nick received a call Tuesday that his father wasn't doing so well, and it was imperative that he get to Greece as soon as possible, so we cut our little trip short so that he could catch a flight Saturday. We still had a great time visiting with my relatives and eating delicious food.

The next few weeks will be hard with Nick being away, but I will be meeting him in Greece in a mere three weeks, and I've got a very busy schedule between now and then what with finishing the quarter, holiday gigs, auditions, and visiting family.

Although life has been a bit trying lately, I have much to be thankful for this year. I'm thankful for my wonderful boyfriend, my caring family, the strides I've been making in my career and on a personal level, good health, good friends near and far, and a long sought after feeling of well-being and happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun day! I wish it had lasted longer! I will write you back soon (from your email) I have been dying of a cold!