Sunday, November 05, 2006

one happy girl

Nick arrived home safe and sound yesterday from Greece. And he didn't come back empty handed!!!! Along with about 10 lbs of sweets from Greece and Madrid (his connection was in Spain) he brought me this beauuuutiful necklace:

Doesn't he have FABULOUS taste? I tortured the poor thing by making him come to my choir concert in the evening (heinous...I'm a couple of weeks away from being done with choir for the rest of this degree, thank heavens), then we went out for a simple dinner at Pasta Bowl down the street. We returned to our usual Sunday routine today: I get up (whine-ily) for church, Nick stays home in pjs until I return, we go to brunch in the neighborhood, do our weekly grocery shopping, then watch Sunday night television. And sometimes I do a stitch of homework. But usually not.

In other news, I scored student tickets to Salome at Lyric, so tomorrow evening we will be heading down to the opera to see Debbie Voight take it all off. Wooooooo! No, in all seriousness, I've heard it's a fabulous production, and I'm really excited to hear her sing live. I saw the opera in Vienna over three years ago, and it was mesmerizing. It will be well-worth the "B" I will probably get in choir this quarter for skipping rehearsal. Who cares about grades at this point anyway? These days, I don't think anyone considering me for a job would care if I could read or correctly punctuate sentences. There is probably a direct correlation between the quality of my high notes and my IQ. The better the high C, the lower the IQ...

Hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as I did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful necklace! see? well worth the wait!