Thursday, November 02, 2006

Flying home

T-minus 2 days until my sweetie comes home!!!! While I'm sure he's not ready to come back to the freezing temperatures we've been experienceing here in Chi-town, I am SERIOUSLY ready to have him home. It must be true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Two weeks is a bit too long for me though...my brain and body are starting to subconsciously say "where IS he?" Cheesy as it may sound, I feel like a small part of me is missing; something inside me feels a little empty.
Not that I've been sitting around pining for him or anything...since he's been gone I've done the following:

1) attended one (1) ridiculous Hallowe'en party dressed as a geisha (pictures forthcoming). got a weeee bit too drunk, tripped on my kimono, and now have a giant bruise on my knee.

2) sang two (2) concerts: graduate opera scenes performance as Susanna in Figaro, where I was felt up by Eric, Andrew, and Alejandra. (yes!), and a concert at my church last night with two other women which went splendidly and was really a lot of fun.

3) suffered two (2) small mental breakdowns, one due to the head cold I'd been warding off for a couple weeks now moving onto my vocal cords, causing me to wake up Monday morning unable to phonate. luckily it moved into my chest by Wednesday, so I coughed it out and went on with the show.

4) got an audition for Utah Opera apprentice program! YAY! and sent my materials to Pittsburgh

I've been a busy girl. But now I'm ready to have my boyfriend back on this continent where he belongs: trying to get me to watch sci-fi with him, hogging the covers, whipping me up a batch of rice krispie bars. 2 more days!!!!!

No comments: