Tuesday, March 13, 2007

midwest princess goes global!

Dear readers, I am writing to you from Zurich, Switzerland! Their very fancy airport has wireless for a very reasonable price, so I signed on to pass the time during my layover. It's a beautiful day here in die Schweiz, but this girl is a bit weary from the past day's events and journey. Yesterday was a bit of a harrowing day that went something like this:

8:00 am - wake, shower, grab latte and muffin, last minute cramming before exam
9:00 am - 11:00 am - wrote essay exam on German Expressionism in the arts. My hand hurts.
11: 00 am - 12:00 pm - warm-up voice, look over music for audition taking place in the afternoon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - phone meeting with Buffy, my new boss (sort of) for my Mary Kay business (more about that later)
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - madly get pretty for audition
1:30 pm - leave for audition
2:20 pm - sing audition. It was fine. The room was completely dead due to wall-to-wall carpet and drapes, and I pushed a little too much, but that's nothing new.
4:30 pm - due to complete inefficiency of El, do not arrive home until 2 hours later. Haven't packed one thing or eaten anything since the muffin.
4:45 pm - my darling lifesaver cousin Ang goes and gets me a cheeseburger from Wolfgang Pucks. I inhaled it, and I believe it saved my life.
5:15 pm - panic sets in. madly throw things into suitcase. as long as i have my meds i'm fine. i can buy a whole new wardrobe at Zara if necessary. ooh i like the sound of that.
5:50 pm - leave for airport

AGGGGH! I am feeling a bit more relaxed now, but the whole day I was in a complete panic room and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Not fun. The good news is, I'm a mere 4 hours away from seeing my man! YAAAAY! And a wonderful ten days off of school and singing. More later, it's 'bout time to board!

2 comments:

Robert said...

in a PANIC ROOM

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you got there ok!!!! I was a little worried b/c you seemed very anxious! But have fun with Nick and when you come back we will have lots of fun with the party:)