Thursday, August 24, 2006

crazy

Well, I've almost completed another week of getting paid very little to do very little work. I guess it evens itself out in the end, but I feel like my time should be worth a little more, people. C'mon, I almost have a masters degree--shouldn't that mean I make more than $12/hr? Two weeks of work barely pays my rent! It's very depressing, but as Robert says, atleast my boyfriend has some money and takes me out to nice dinners alot. Could be worse. I just hope I can take him out to lots of nice dinners someday (seriously honey, someday). Soooo since I'm really bored and have to kill another hour before I can go home, we're going to play a fun game called, "What's in Emily's purse?", inspired by that gameshow from the 70's where they call out something and if you have it in your purse you win. Or something like that. Here goes:

1. iPod Nano with blue case
2. Sprint cell phone, also blue
3. $1.09 in change
4. almost finished pack of light blue Orbit gum
5. transit card with $1.00 on it
6. 1 bottle of Fexofenadine (generic of Allegra)
7. 1 bottle of Mucinex DM (almost gone)
8. 1 bottle of Nasonex nose spray
9. 1 bottle of Alprazolam (generic of Xanax)
10. 1 bottle of Paroxetine (generic of Paxil)
11. 1 brown coach wallet with credit cards/IDs and $14
12. 1 pair large black sunglasses
13. blue day planner
14. checkbook
15. small flowery notepad from Grandma
16. brown hair barette
17. yellow highliter
18. pen that looks like a tube of lipstick (also from Grandma)
19. old tube of real lipstick
20. a tampon
21. a small mirror that looks like a button
22. travel pack of kleenex
23. a baby


Just kidding about that last one. I really can't believe I carry all that shit around with me on a daily basis. That's pretty freaking ridiculous. If I were to, say, fall down on the street, the contents of my bag spilling everywhere, people would either think I was either a)obsessive-compulsive (true) or b)channeling Karen Walker from Will and Grace (may be true in a few years when I coerce some more doctors into giving me more drugs).

Thing is, you can tell a lot about a woman by what she carries in her bag. In my case, my bag says that I'm a bit neurotic (true) but will make a great mother someday because I'm prepared for any disaster that might arise. If a woman has in her purse cigarettes, a flask, and some bar napkins with phone numbers on them, she's probably a loose hussy. See how it works? So for all you male readers out there, next time you want to know something about a girl, just knock her down and cause her purse to go flying.

Oh my lord I'm going crazy.

No comments: