Monday, August 21, 2006

glowing boobies

As promised, the weekend's events were festive and funny. Diversey Rock n' Bowl is quite the experience. Beer and bowling always makes for a good time, but when you add black lights, loud music, even more beer, and lots of fun/drunk people, it becomes a ridiculously good time. Unaware of the consequences of white bra/slightly see-thru beige shirt/black light, I entertained the entire bowling alley with my glowing boobies all night. As soon as the black light came on, Lauren pointed at my chest and started laughing hysterically, while I did my best to hide the glowing boobies with little success. After awhile I just decided to rock the look, which apparently, as I was later informed by my mother during our phone conversation last night, girls did on purpose in the 70's. Sluts! All in all, it was a great time had by all, and I totally kicked ass and rolled tons of strikes.
Alas, the weekend was far too short, and now I'm back in my cube, feigning interest in my tasks and thinking about what I'm going to get for lunch. It's somewhat of a "mice is away cat's will play" sort of day, so hopefully I'll get to read some of the book I just started, Fast Food Nation. It is fantastic so far, so good, in fact, that I nearly missed my bus stop this morning. I'll report more later, but let's just say that my disdain for America may escalate. I've already discovered that major car companies such as General Motors bought and purposely destroyed railways in order to promote "car culture" which infuriates me to no end, because I love trains. And hate cars. So if I up and move to Europe in the next year, don't be surprised.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I haven't eaten a hamburger from a Fast Food joint in 5 years- all from reading that book!