Friday, August 18, 2006

week in review

Sorry, it's been a slow posting week, since I've been extremely busy with my new important job. Luckily these people know how to utilize my best skills, such as packing boxes, proofing documents, looking things up on Google, and reading blogs. Ok, not so much the last one, but that's what I've been doing for the majority of the day. This is my new fave of the moment:
www.jasonmulgrew.com
This guy is freaking hilarious. Anyways, back to the office. Yesterday there was this big real estate convention in town, and since this is the headquarters for the national assocation, they were giving tours of the building. There were actually those red velvet rope thingies in front of my cube, keeping visitors from stepping into my cube while at the same time making me feel like an exhibit in a museum or zoo or something. Since I didn't have a lot of work to do, everytime a tour came by I had to switch my screen from the current blog I was reading to my inbox and pretend that I was working diligently. It was really annoying, but sort of humorous all at the same time.
Besides work, I have been pretty consumed with my physical health lately. As I told my therapist the other day, "All I can think about this week is pooping and sleeping." It's amazing how not doing enough of either will really wreck a person's spirit and totally domintate their thinking. Since sleeping and pooping do not an interesting blog make, I haven't had much leftover brain power for thinking of posts. Hopefully this will change in the near future so I don't lose my readership (of 10 people).
This weekend should be a good one. I kicked it off last night with a great two-gin-dirty-martinis-straight-up buzz and some fish n' chips with Nick at the Irish pub next door. A good friend and former roommate from college is in town, and she just called to say she's up for some Deutches essen tonight (German food for those who don't sprechen the language), so it should be a fine evening of das bier und der schnitzel. Tomorrow is my oldest friend Allison's birthday party (shout out! Happy 25th lady!) at Diversey Rock n' Bowl, which I've never been to but promises to be a fabulous time. So I should have some interesting stories to report after the weekend.
Have a good one!

No comments: