Thursday, October 19, 2006

Acts of God

Yesterday, I received a contract for my building's new wireless internet service -- whoopee! No more stealing from Anita. Anita, if you're out there, thanks for the two months of free wireless service. You rock girlfriend. For once, I acutally took the time to read through the contract, and I found an extremely interesting clause:

12. Lessor shall not be liable for any delay or failure in conformance of any part of this Agreement to the extent such delay or failure is caused by flood, explosion, accident, war, strike, embargo, governmental requirement, civil or military authority, Acts of God, inability to secure materials, labor or transportation, acts or omissions of common carrier, or any other causes beyond their reasonable control.

I laughed out loud when I read this part. In my head, I conjured a picture of my innocent little apartment building being taken over by military force or infested by a plague of locusts (assuredly an Act of God). OF COURSE the first thing I would do is call up the management company and bitch about the internet!

I guess it's good to know that I'm leasing this apartment from some God-fearing individuals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha that's hilarious