Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Review of All Things Pumpkin - Part II

Although I am suffering the beginnings of a cold (which I am stopping in its tracks with Zicam right now), I bring to you the second in a series of reviews of pumpkin goodies. Today's item is unfortunately only available to my readers in the Chicago/Evanston area, as it comes from a delectable little tea shop that has several cafes in the area. And today's item is...

Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte from Argo Tea

Regretably, I burned my tongue on the first sip of the piping hot tea. Not making my beverage to immediate perfect consumption temperature = loss of points for Argo Tea. My advice: Send some minions out to Starbucks and find out how they acheive this quality. Though I dislike SB thoroughly, they have hot beverages down to a science. After the burning sensation subsided and I was able to taste again, I discovered a delightful treat. I chose to have my beverage made with skim milk, and there was a lovely thin layer of frothy foam coating the top of the liquid. Previously, I've not seen pumpkin chai advertised in any of the usual suspect coffee shops, though I'm sure they could make it upon request (the pumpkin, after all, is just a syrup). Argo Tea has taken two flavors, chai and pumpkin, each delicious in its own right, and mixed them, and I couldn't be more pleased. The spicy, vanilla-y, (I've noticed that I create adjectives by putting -y on the end of everything. Going to need to work on that if I want a career in food criticism) flavor of the chai mixes extremely well with the pumpkin flavor. I dig it. Oops, I think I forgot to get it decaf...does chai have caffeine? Yikes, that and the non-drowsy sudafed I've been popping could have me up all night. Regardless...

Rating: *** and a half (1.5 stars deducted for tongue-burning)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are yummy. yes i buy mine at starbucks. sue me.