Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Review of All Things Pumpkin - Part III

I know it's been awhile since I've reviewed a pumpkin treat, but don't worry....I've been eating a lot of pumpkin lately, and I'm ready to share. Today's treat on a pedestal is......

THE PUMPKIN DONUT



Now, I am not a huge donut eater. I have maybe two or three a year -- I'm no health nut, but I usually stick to the high fiber cereals for breakfast. But Friday morning my sweetie brought me something sweet for breakfast, and oh was it glorious. This particular donut came from Bennison's Bakery in Evanston, but I'm told they can be found in most bakeries and grocery stores at this time of year (apparently Krispy Kreme makes one). It was delicious: moist, sweet, with just the right amount of spiced pumpkin flavor. The frosting was the perfect accompaniment; I believe it was a simple buttercream. This one gets five stars from me -- definitely my favorite pumpkin treat thus far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

more than anything, loves the plate it's sitting on

Anonymous said...

more than anything, loves the plate it's sitting on

midwest princess said...

haha i know, mom's 1979 wedding china. loves it.