Tuesday, February 05, 2008

10:46 pm Exhaustion.

Well, we had a full day of performing today! Hooray! But it looks like we're getting a whole crapload of snow tonight, so we'll see about tomorrow. The performances went splendidly, and it was SO much fun working with the kids. I loved every minute. But I must get to bed now -- oddly, today I developed a strange cough that I thought was dryness but seems to be moving into my chest. Great timing. But before I leave you, funny story of today:

We were all headed out to dinner and walking through the lobby of the Super 8, trying to be inconspicuous as there was a child's birthday party going on. I guess the Super 8 must have the only indoor pool in the area. So, we're walking by, and suddenly we hear, "it's those opera people!". A little girl comes running at me, screaming, "Emily!!!!!" (granted, her name was Emily too, so I'm sure that's why she remembered mine and not everyone else's). Apparently these kids had been at our show today. The mom said, "can you sing happy birthday for us?", so we launched into a very operatic, harmonized, dramatic rendition of happy birthday. It was adorable.

Yeah. Rock stars.

No comments: