Saturday, February 02, 2008

WIDE NET 2008

I'm leaving in about twenty minutes for my audition for a summer festival production of Die Fledermaus. I learned Adele's Laughing Song in English during the last two days (the production is being sung in English) and have never coached it or taken it to my teacher, so...yeah. The last cadenza will be interesting. And there's no way in hell I can get a D out today (or ever?), so I'm thinking my chances of getting this part are slim. But I sang for them last year and got called back for the lead, so maybe. Stranger things have happened. Like when I coughed in the middle of my aria for the OFY audition and then got the gig. WIDE NET 2008 -- I'm giving it a shot.

In other news, we got about half a foot of snow on Thursday night. Wee! Many of my students cancelled and our choir director cancelled rehearsal, so I had the night off to chill at home with Nick. It was much needed, and wonderful. Weekday evenings spent together are few and far between, since I don't usually get home before 9:30 pm, so we cooked a great dinner and just enjoyed each other's company. We needed it. Friday morning Nick decided to stay home rather than battle the ridiculous commute, so we went out to breakfast and snuggled at home until I had to go teach. Because of course I still had to go teach in Palatine; those people would not close that place unless it was Armageddon. And maybe not even then. But I took the train, so it wasn't that bad.

Today I'm auditioning and preparing to leave for tour tomorrow. Yay! I'm really excited. Now I must go drill some more Adele before this audition. WIDE NET 2008.

No comments: