Thursday, February 14, 2008

i heart valentine's day

Happy Valentine's Day, readers! It's been a good day for me so far, and I hope you are all having fun with your lovahs or your awesome single selves. I woke up to a card on my desk from my honey -- and much to my delight, it was one of those cards that plays music! It made me laugh. We have a whole fun weekend of festivities ahead of us: tonight we're having dinner at a fondue restaurant near our apartment, tomorrow night we are seeing Falstaff at the Lyric, and Saturday night we are having dinner at this fabulous place. Now that I am feeling better and the voice is somewhat back to normal, I can look forward to all the fun Valentine's festivities.

And I had a good "business meeting" today with the Music of the Baroque chorus director and the music teacher at a high school right near my apartment. MOB asked me to join their outreach program, teaching private voice and aiding the choral director at a Chicago public school, and I am really excited about it! It's literally a ten minute drive from my apartment, it's daytime hours, the pay is pretty good, and the high school choral director is very cool. I sat in on her advanced chorus today and they were sounding fantastic. It will only be about four to eight hours a week, but it's going to be nice to have something to do during the day for a change, and hopefully it will mean I can have one weeknight off to spend at home with Nick. So I'm feeling good about that.

So go eat some chocolate, watch a sappy movie, wear red and pink, and draw hearts on your hand in pen. The Midwest Princess loves you, baby!

No comments: