Monday, June 02, 2008

Ah, back to the singer life.

I just spent six hours traveling to Milwaukee and back for an audition that can only be described as lackluster. Have I lost my mojo? Possibly. Do I need a new starter aria? Definitely. Nothing a few lessons and coachings can't fix. I forgot what a "joy" it is to spend an entire day traveling only to sing for five minutes and feel completely unappreciated by the panel. Kind of a kick in the pants after a wonderful weekend of family wedding fun. Friday after Nick finished working and I finished singing a funeral mass, we hit the road and traveled to Kalamazoo for the wedding of my cousin Katy. A terrific time was had by all! The wedding was outdoors on Gull Lake near Kalamazoo, Michigan, and despite a little wind, the weather held up beautifully. I'll have some more pics to share soon, but here a few my Mom sent me today:


Nick enjoyed a stogie and some brews...
(I sang at the wedding, hence the corsage)


my cousin Ang and my sister Elaine


the whole fam

The wedding was held at the gorgeous W.K. Kellogg Manor House, which was once used as a summer home for the Kellogg family. We got to walk around the whole house and peek in all the different rooms, which have been restored to look like they did in the 1920s. The actual ceremony took place by the lake, and the reception took place inside the house and on the patios surrounding it. Very cool venue. More pics forthcoming!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

so fun!

auntmeggie said...

i love those dresses girls!!! yellow is my new favorite color. i also love the blue... and the purple... so prettyyyyy! miss you all!