Tuesday, June 17, 2008

big news!

This gal is officially off the market:



Nick proposed on Saturday!!!!! Rewind to Friday evening, we went to the Hop Leaf for dinner, which is where we went for drinks on our first date. The Hop Leaf is a beer place in our neighborhood that just happens to have the BEST french fries with garlic aioli and a bajillion delicious Belgian beers to choose from. It's a favorite of both of us for sure. So we get there and they seat us at the EXACT same table where we sat on our first date! Nick did not plan that part, but he said when they sat us there he knew for sure it was the perfect time to propose, except for one thing: it was Friday the 13th. And who in their right mind would propose to a girl on Friday the 13th? So we drank some beers, had some delicious food, and came home and went to bed.

The next morning I was busy getting ready for my friend Stasi's shower/bachelorette party in the 'burbs that afternoon. I was rummaging around in my closet when I heard Nick's voice behind me. "I think you need something else to wear to the shower today", he said. I turned around, and he was down on his knee, and asked me to marry him! I was totally surprised, and of course I said yes! He said he had wanted to ask me the night before, but thought it was bad luck to ask on Friday the 13th.

So now I'm engaged! And I have to say, everything is better with a diamond ring on your finger. :)


7 comments:

Sensitiva McFeelingsly said...

HOO-RAY! I'm SO freakin' excited for you guys!!! Woot! :)

Carrie said...

Congrats, Emily! That's so exciting!

Elaine said...

it's so preeeeeeeetty

grey cat and me said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Are your nails always that nice or was that post-proposal? :)

midwest princess said...

definitely post-proposal ellebee :) a girl can't have raggedy nails if she's going off showing around her hand all the time, right? :)

Sarahviz said...

Belated congrats! So happy for you!