Monday, June 09, 2008

A Musical Feast

As I mentioned earlier, this past weekend we attended the annual Music of the Baroque benefit gala at the Four Seasons. I was donating my services as a musician in return for attending the event for free with a guest! MOB has been very good to me this year, and it is a truly wonderful organization, so I was more than happy to do so.

The evening began with a short concert of mostly Italian baroque music (I had a solo in a Vivaldi piece!), followed by a cocktail reception with delicious h'ors devours while they turned the ballroom from concert hall to dinner party. The dinner was amazing, followed by a delicious dessert of baked Alaska:



After dinner there was a raffle (we bid on one "foodie" prize but didn't win, booooo) and dancing with a very fun band. The whole evening was a fantastic time. Unfortunately both our cameras were sicky and in the shop, so we only managed to get a couple of crappy cell phone photos. Here's the best one from the evening:



I could get used to this whole fancy benefit attending stuff. :) Perhaps we'll make it a yearly event?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Nick's face in this photo is making me laugh!

You look so fancy! How fun.