Friday, June 27, 2008

temp central



This is where I'm temping today. Trust me, it's not as cool as it looks. I am just sitting at the reception desk, answering the phone and signing for packages and such, but I'm keeping busy looking at wedding stuff online, texting my sister, and trying to finish a novel. The office culture is so foreign to me nowadays, but sometimes it's nice to have mundane tasks and a simple day. I'm reminded of how much I do NOT belong in an office. Give me a stage, a rehearsal room, a teaching studio, even a church, anything but a stuffy office. Thank God I only have to do this for a little while this summer.

Luckily I have a scrumptious lunch packed today, since they informed me I would not get a lunch break because there is nobody to cover the phones (what is that?). Fine with me, I'd rather get paid for the extra hour rather than wander aimlessly around downtown by myself and spend too much money on lunch. I've got leftover pastitsio, which is like Greek lasagna, that we made earlier this week, a leftover cupcake (last one! they went fast) a peach, and a diet coke. Delicious!

Weekend plans include: seeing some reception sites tomorrow and an audition in the afternoon, then on Sunday I'm heading to northwest Indiana to visit my best friend Andrea at her parents' house. Andrea lives in NYC, and I hardly ever get to see her, so thankfully it works out that she will be in town when I have time to spend an entire day with her! It will be great to see her family too, and I'm really hoping to get to meet her 1 and a half year old nice, Ione. Ione has her very own blog, so I'm certain we will become fast friends.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

that's funny, i was just today perusing ione's blog and thinking how cute she is! tell andrea i said hello.