Tuesday, June 24, 2008

happy birthday to me

I am one lucky girl. I have the greatest fiance, family, and friends a girl could ask for. It becomes even more apparent to me how great these people are when I get to talk to them or see them all in one day! Yesterday was my 26th birthday, and even though my sister says I'm not in my mid-twenties anymore ("You're in your LATE twenties now, Emily!") I still feel like every year gets better and better. The day was beautiful and not too warm.


Foster Beach

I spent a leisurely morning doing one of my favorite things: baking! I made these amazing chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, courtesy of one if my food idols, Ina Garten:


recipe here

Later I set out to Plainfield to do my Monday teaching with a few cupcakes in tow for my students. One of my students brought me a present with the sweetest card! Being a teacher is so rewarding sometimes. And in honor of my birthday, the traffic on the expressway was not even that bad!

When I got home, Nick surprised me with a cake in which he had put (and lit) twenty six candles. It looked like a fire hazard, but I loved it. And to aid in my pursuit of all things food snobbery, he got me a top of the line coffee grinder that I had been wanting. Then we headed out to Charlie's to meet up with some of my friends for drinks. I have some terrific friends.







It was a terrific day, and thanks to everyone who made it special.

3 comments:

Sarahviz said...

Happy birthday wishes to you!

Elaine said...

yay! I'm so glad you had a super birthday! See you very soon!

Lainey-Paney said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!