Thursday, July 05, 2007

Dancin', Dancin', DANCIN!

I've been reading through the script and score of the Light Opera Works show I'm doing for which rehearsals start Monday. It's becoming apparent that I'm going to have to do a lot of dancing in this show. Yes, danicng. One of my ensemble parts is acutally titled "Taxi Dancer." What does this mean? I have no idea. Now, I have fake "danced" in more shows than I can count -- it seems that since I'm tall and thin, people assume that I can dance -- but I am by no means a trained dancer. I took two of Debbie Grammel's dance classes for beginners while at DePauw, and I have been known to whip out the "Chinese Dance" that we learned for our final exam in Beginning Ballet when I have had too many cocktails at a party. But in reality, I am still a lanky girl who has a hard time being graceful and tends to flail her arms when dancing. But hey, if someone wants to pay me to "dance" in their show, I'll give it a go.

I just hope the costumes aren't too skimpy. Momma doesn't want to go on a diet for this show.

No comments: