Friday, July 06, 2007

TGIF

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Is it just me, or did this week seem interminably long despite the holdiay on Wednesday? I feel like I've just lived through two weeks during the one. Ah, well. The good news is that I am now legally licensed to drive in the state of Illinois. Holla! I studied for the driving test for about an hour before, and it's a good thing I did -- some of those questions were tough! The whole process took about an hour and a half, and boy did I see some interesting characters during that time. My favorite was the woman who looked fairly homeless (and braless) and was screaming loudly that "how could she pay for her I.D. when she needed the I.D. to get her money out of the bank?" There were also several people that I'm fairly certain were mentally incapable of operating vehicles, but that's neither here nor there. The important thing is that they issued me a license today, and the picture isn't even too terrible!
The weekend is shaping up to be rather uneventful, and Lord knows I prefer it that way. The past month has been far too hectic, and I'm ready for some true R&R. Tonight we're planning a BYOB sushi date, and Saturday will probably consist of further apartment repair/sprucing and general lazing about. Sunday I'm due to sing in church, since we all take a turn doing one Sunday during the summer, so I'll have to get up, but singing at church means I earn a delicious brunch afterward (maybe Ann Sather? or somewhere new in the new 'hood?). I love a warm, outdoor, summer Sunday brunch.
Hopefully I'll get to posting some pics up on here this weekend. I've got some that I've really been wanting to post, but I can't do it from work, and by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is open my laptop. We'll see.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

No comments: