Friday, July 20, 2007

lululemon

So I've actually been busy here in this office today. I know, shocker! Finishing the TPS reports...I mean expense reports, and sending out a bunch of crap via UPS has taken up pretty much the whole day. I'm now starting to get involved in the work here, for instance, the following dialogue between me and the two dudes:

Dude 1: Hey Emily, do you do yoga?

Me: Occasionally, yes.

Dude 2: Have you heard of lululemon?

Me: Why yes, indeed I have.

Dude 1: Do you think people who don't do yoga will start wearing this stuff?

Me: Ummmmm...probably?

See, I am involved in some very important market research. Apparently, lululemon is the hottest new company on the NYSE and is selling, like, billions of dollars of yoga pants. The two dudes couldn't really believe it. In actuality, I have heard the buzz about lululemon, and they make some fantastic yoga apparel that is sold at almost every yoga studio in the Chicago area these days (and all over the world, apparently). I see the relationship between lululemon's success as an direct result of more women staying home with their kids. More moms staying home means more mommies need a yoga break. More mommies staying home means more mommies choose sweatpants over power suits. So why not create a stylish, status-symbol sweat pant disguised as yoga pant?! It was ingenious, if only I didn't think of it first.

Maybe this whole "stock market" thing isn't as difficult as it seems.

No comments: