Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Outta here!

The stock market closes at noon today, which apparently means that whatever it is that the two guys do here in this office, they can't do it after noon, hence...I get to leave at noon (mind you, I'm not getting paid for the afternoon, but whatev). So in approximately thirty minutes, I will be free for the next day and a half to do what I please (or rather, put my apartment into some sort of liveable condition). Nick and I are heading out to IKEA to buy a desperately needed kitchen island and a few other goodies. Here is the island I'm considering:

Last night I gave the kitchen floor a good scrubbing and actually cooked a semi-decent meal for us. Linguine and store bought sauce -- but in my defense it was Pesto Sun Dried Tomato from Whole Foods -- with some Italian sausage that I cooked into it, a salad and a glass of Syrah. Easy but very satisfying -- and not Thai takeout, a miracle in itself.
Tonight we are going to try and go to the concert and fireworks in Grant Park. Three years in Chicago and I've never been to the fireworks -- shame on me! Tomorrow the plan is to sleep in late, work on the apartment, and drag Nick to this movie:

I have a bit of a celebrity crush on John Krasinski (who doesn't?) and I love me some Mandy Moore and Robin Williams.

Happy 4th, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how patriotic of you.

p.s. i'm totally going to see that movie, even jerod thinks it looks sort of good. but he likes RW. And you know me, I have a soft spot for 'ole Mandy.