Sunday, July 29, 2007

our apartment

For those who have not had the priveledge of seeing mine and Nick's new apartment, here are some pics to tide you over until you can come and visit!

our beautiful, tree-line street:


spread from our recent social gathering (click to enlarge!):


our bedroom (i love the color, it's so serene):


guest bedroom/office/music room:


kitchen (and Groland):


new couch shot:


full living room shot (I can't wait to get a console table for behind the couch):


I didn't have a good shot of the dining room, plus the table is so small it looks silly in the big room, so that will have to wait until we get a new table. The apartment has really grown on me, despite initial feelings of hatred (which in retrospect, was probably just residual moving anger), and I've quickly gotten used to having so much space. It's a far cry from the one room I inhabited for the past two years! We're having our first overnight guests this week (!) -- my dad and brother are coming in Wednesday night for the Cubs day game on Thursday. I'm so excited for them to come and see it (although I know they will gripe about the hefty three-flight climb). I'm going to play hooky on Thursday morning so we can all go to breakfast and I can actually spend some time with them. When my parents came for two games a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even get to see them because my schedule was so nuts. This time, I am making time.

The weekend was tremendously good, and I'm in a super mood today. Friday night's dinner was spectacular, check out my review on Yelp. I went a little overboard on the martinis, but since I was drinking expensive gin, I didn't have a hangover on Saturday, so I managed to accomplish lots of cleaning, laundry, and plenty of relaxation time. Saturday night we checked out Summer on Southport,, a street festival in West Lakeview. We ate greasy food and Dairy Queen, listened to some eighties cover bands, and perused the local shops and stands set up for the event. Around ten, as things were wrapping up, we decided we weren't tired so headed over to a movie theater to catch The Simpson's Movie. It was hilarious and lived up to our expectations. Sunday we did our grocery shopping, perused the sidewalk sale on Clark street, took naps on the new couch, and cooked a delicious dinner. I even managed to practice and make Nick read lines with me (the reality that I need to be ready to go on in the lead role in this show in three weeks has set in). So it was a great weekend, I'm in a great mood, and I'm feeling like this week is going to be a good one. I'm climbing out of my rut, there's an end in sight to this miserable job, and I have a lot of looking forward to do.

No comments: