Monday, July 16, 2007

I can't put it any better than Dan over at redactedblog when he says that Italy is better than America. Pretty much all of Western Europe and Scandinavia has it better than America. Land of opportunity, schmopportunity. So basically, what I'm saying is that you can expect me to live in this country for about another year pretending to "become an opera singer", then I'm going to go laze about the Greek islands for the rest of my days, fully participating in the drinking at lunch/followed by daily siesta. Because when it comes down to it, I'm just not as interested in toiling away in this ridiculous cutthroat consumerist society as I am in the quality of the life I'm living. And the quality of life on the other side of the pond is far better than here.

And those are my thoughts on a Monday, the week of 10 hour + days sprawling before me and the exhaustion already settled in. What do you think I should rename my blog if the Midwest Princess becomes displaced from the Midwest?**

**To any readers who may be concerned/nosy about an impending upheaval (re: becoming a resident of a different country) this post is merely a figment of my imagination and does not resemble reality. I, personally, just moved 249812987 lbs of my belongings up three flights of stairs and have no intention of moving in the near future. Thank you and Good Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're not moving anywhere.